What's new. . .

Hi guys!

Here is a little update concerning what's going on with me. First of all, I have accepted Dag's offer and I am now a member of the staff at www.sffworld.com. If you have never been there, you should check it out! As the name implies, it's a website that caters to all your fantasy and science fiction needs!;-) We don't exactly know what it is that I'll do for now, but we are definitely interested in working together. Many of my upcoming interviews will be done in collaboration with them from now on.

Speaking of interviews, I have part 2 of that Steven Erikson interview coming up. I should also be receiving Brandon Sanderson's answers to an email interview we did in the near future. I have emailed my questions to Naomi Novik yesterday, so this is another Q&A that will see the light soon. And Transworld is checking out Paul Kearney's availability for an interview. In addition, I have queried Time Warner Books about the possibility to do one with David Eddings, and HarperCollins for something with Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. Keep your fingers crossed!;-)

Some are wondering why my book review of David Forbes' The Amber Wizard has yet to appear on the blog. It's not that it's a bad book. Quite the contrary, I thought it was a good read. It's just that both the author and HarperCollins would prefer for the review to appear online closer to the book's release date. We are still waiting for HC to see exactly when I will post it. . .

On a different note, www.elbakin.net, after translating my R. Scott Bakker interview into French, are about to do the same with my Steven Erikson Q&A. As I said before, if anyone here is interested in translating my interviews in foreign languages, I'm always happy to grant permission. Just email me and we'll swing it!:-)

That's about it for now. . . Oh yes, many of you will be pleased to learn that I have finally begun Steven Erikson's Gardens of the Moon! Sitting on my shelves for more than 5 years, it was about time for me to get down to it, I know!

Have a good one!

4 commentaires:

David Forbes said...

I thought you'd read Erickson by now. Aren't you getting The Bonehunters soon? Or did you just skip Gardens? (I found it so frustrating and unengaging that I almost put it down, but it's gets better toward the end, and the other books pretty much rock.)

- David

Patrick said...

GotM has been sitting on my shelves for more than 5 years now. And the same can be said of the other Malazan novels. I wanted to wait till the series was complete before reading them, you see. . .

Guess that I just can't wait anymore! Not with the buzz which has surrounded these books for the last couple of years. Can't quite believe I held out for so long!;-)

And yes, THE BONEHUNTERS should reach me in a week or two, at least according to Transworld. . .

I understand if all you Malazan fans want to hurt me!;-)

David Forbes said...

I keep wanting to write it as The Boneheads. I smell a spoof....

I ordered the last three Malazan books from Transworld (expensive as hell for paperbacks) because I didn't want to wait for the US versions to trickle out. So I'm all the way up through Midnight Tides.

RobB said...

I said it back at the ranch, but welcome aboard!

gvhyiaom!