Win a free copy of Sean Williams' THE CROOKED LETTER

Hi!

Pyr Books are gradually making a very good name for themselves, with many of their releases pleasing fans and reviewers alike. As such, Pyr Books are a welcome addition to the speculative fiction publishing world.

Sean Williams' The Crooked Letter was brought to my attention by a number of positive reviews. To all ends and purposes, this novel appears to be something else, something special. So much so that it prompted me to contact Pyr Books and I'm now eagerly awaiting the arrival of my review copy. You can read more about this book on their website.

Here are the three reviews that so piqued my curiosity:

- William (the one presumably responsible for the death of Emerald City, and who is in the process of singlehandedly killing the Hugo Awards altogether!;-)) posted his on Speculative Reviews.

- Ken (whose Stack has just been revealed!) posted his on The Neth Space.

- Rob (whose questions for our interview with Greg Keyes I'm still waiting for!;-)) posted his on sffworld.com.

I'm glad to report that the good people at Pyr Books have accepted to supply two lucky winners with a complimentary copy of The Crooked Letter. And if those aforementioned reviews don't encourage you to register to this contest, I suggest you check your pulse because you might be dead!:-)

The rules are the same as usual. First off, you need to send an email at reviews@(no-spam)gryphonwood.net with the header "CROOKED." Remember to remove the "no spam" thingy.

Second, your email must contain your full mailing address (that's snail mail!), otherwise your message will be deleted.

Lastly, multiple entries will disqualify whoever sends them. And please include your screen name and the message boards that you frequent using it, if you do hang out on a particular MB.

Good luck to all the participants!

6 commentaires:

Robert said...

I'm not quite sure what the hype is about this book. I'm about halfway through at the moment, and while the concept is definitely interesting, I find that the subpar prose and characterization takes away from the enjoyment of the book at times. Still, I got a ways to go, so hopefully things will get better...

Neth said...

Thanks for the shout-out Pat. I just got Infoquake and River of Gods and am looking forward to reading both.

Patrick said...

Always glad to be of service, Ken!;-)

I'm waiting for their arrival as well. . .

William Lexner said...

Better watch out, Pat. I may choose to destroy a Hot List or something. :p

Anonymous said...

I suggest you check your pulse because you might be dead!:-)

Dem dar's fightin' words! *registers*

Patrick said...

William,

I'd be relieved if you decided to bring your attention elsewhere. I've got a good thing going here, and I wouldn't want to end up on your hitlist!;-)