The lowdown on the US release of Richard Morgan's THE STEEL REMAINS

In light of all the grumbling generated by the fact that there was no US pub date regarding Morgan's fantasy debut, The Steel Remains (Canada, USA, Europe), I decided to inquire to lay the matter to rest.

I heard back from Betsy Mitchell, editor in chief at Del Rey Books, this morning. With the fall season already crowded, they felt that the book would benefit from a spring release date. Hence, the US edition of The Steel Remains will be published on February 24th 2009.

You see, sometimes I am the bringer of good news!;-)

6 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing this research and letting us know!

However, seems like a lame excuse for a later release--think that's the real reason?

Kendall said...

Thanks, Pat! Not that I'm compulsive or anything, but now I can put it onto my list with a date so I don't forget.... ;-)

Aidan Moher said...

Hmm, that's too bad. I suppose Del Rey's loss is Gollancz's gain. I'll be picking up the UK edition.

I hope it's alright if I make a post on A Dribble of Ink alerting people about this post.

Thanks for the update!

~Aidan
A Dribble of Ink

Shawn C. Speakman said...

Looks like I was right. ;)

KP said...

Thanks that is good news. Unfortunately for those of us with the patience of a teetsy fly, I have to go with the UK version.

Shawn C. Speakman said...

At least the UK cover is gorgeous! Love it! I plan on buying one from there as well!