Don't miss this one -- again!!!

Though it only occurs rarely, that's two books in a row I've had the good fortune of being sucked right into the story from the very beginning. It happened with Jasper Kent's Twelve (Canada, USA, Europe), which turned out to be a great read.

And the same can now be said of China Miéville's The City & The City (Canada, USA, Europe). If this novel lives up to its potential, it could well be the speculative title of the year! One thing's for sure, it's a helluva book so far!

Hopefully I can get you guys that Miéville excerpt soon. . .

4 commentaires:

rlgrady said...

I'd love to read this. Thanks!
rlgrady[at]yahoo[dot]com

Todd said...

I believe Random House has an excerpt out there...looking forward to seeing it on the Hotlist ;)

I'm looking even more forward to buying a copy of this thing and reading it after all the good stuff I'm hearing.

Unknown said...

All China Mieville's works are great if you ask me.

And I can hardly wait to get my hands on this new novel. May is so far away....

Anonymous said...

An excerpt can be found here:

http://www.randomhouse.ca/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780345497512&view=excerpt