More on R. Scott Bakker's THE WHITE-LUCK WARRIOR

Too busy having fun in Bosnia & Herzegovina and Serbia, I totally missed R. Scott Bakker's last update.

With The Judging Eye (Canada, USA, Europe, and AbeBooks), and with the thriller Disciple of the Dog (Canada, USA, Europe), and the much-anticipated The White-Luck Warrior (Canada, USA, Europe), Bakker elaborates on The Second Apocalypse and more.

Here's an extract:

Even still, I will be giving the odd update for those who really don’t give a damn what I think you should think. The White-Luck Warrior cover presently doing the rounds on the web is simply a stand in for the ARCs – thank gawd. Looks like a POV shot of my childhood. The title for Book Three, I’m thinking, will be The Unholy Consult. I think it looks good in text even if it feels strange on the tongue. Also, it looks like I’ll be in Denmark for a number of talks at Aarhus University this October.

I spent some time to talking to my agent yesterday afternoon about the concluding two books of The Second Apocalypse, and my endeavour to complete it before the real apocalypse begins. You know, I’ve lived with this story longer than I’ve lived with my wife and I feel just as infatuated. With The White-Luck Warrior, I think, the stakes of the story will become much more evident. Before this point, I used to get this feeling of dismay thinking of the immense labour before me, but now it really feels like I’ve crested the narrative mountain, so much so I’m beginning to feel it’s completion as an inevitability, as opposed to the wild hope it was some six years ago.

My fantasy for my fantasies is to have The Globe and Mail finally relent and review the whole series, providing me – verbatim – with the following blurb: “makes The Lord of the Rings look like ‘Little Miss Muffet’!”

Click on the link above to read the full piece. . .

0 commentaires: