New cover art for Mark Charan Newton's NIGHTS OF VILLJAMUR and CITY OF RUIN



Holy crap!

Mark Charan Newton gets his own stuff reissued more often than Rihanna and Katy Perry! That's the third time, if I'm not mistaken.

Here's what he had to say on his website:

There’s more, though: I’ve actually made quite a few (over a hundred) changes to Nights of Villjamur. Call it the ambitions of a first-time author, call it crap writing, but there were a few points of the text in this book that I believed caused a clunky experience. I’ve managed to iron many, many of these out, thankfully. It’s only a word or two here, a line there – not a complete re-edit, mind you, but enough to give me peace of mind that the most ridiculous of the excesses have now been removed.

6 commentaires:

Mark said...

"his own stuff reissued more often than Rihanna and Katy Perry"

Ha! I'm having that on my next book.

Patrick said...

Hey Mark,

I love the new font they used for your name!

Dave de Burgh said...

I love the new covers, very cool. Looking forward to seeing what The Book of Transformations will look like. :-)

Mark said...

The font is Newcomen, apparently!

Thanks, Dave - TBoT cover can be seen here: http://markcnewton.com/2012/02/03/the-book-of-transformations-final-cover-art/

locusmortiis said...

The old "Neuschwanstein" cover was easily the best Nights of Villjamur cover, City of Ruins has had a few "meh" covers and this one is no exception although its not nearly as bad as the last paperback one.

Joshua Lowe said...

Who edits a book after it's been published? Isn't that was editing is for?

There is something very Bruce Willis about the second cover ...