The Name of the Wind playing cards


Patrick Rothfuss got in touch with me to ask if I could help spread the word about his latest project, and voilà!

This from Rothfuss' blog:

Okay, I’ve wanted to write about this for a while now, but I’ve just been too busy.

Ready? Name of the Wind Playing Cards.

Okay. Hopefully I have your attention.

A while back, I fell in love with the work of Shane Tyree when he was doing a kickstarter for a deck of Cthulhu playing cards. I boosted their signal on facebook, they donated to Worldbuilders, and we bought some cards to sell in the Tinker’s Packs. It was the start of a beautiful friendship.

Later, I was delighted to find out that Shane had read my books. More than that, he was a big soppy geek for my books.

Which was a happy coincidence, as I was a big soppy geek for his art.

So we decided to join forces, forming a giant robot that fights crime. In our off time, we thought we’d make a deck of playing cards based on The Name of the Wind.

Follow the aforementioned link to read the rest of the story. . . =)

Or you can click here to be taken directly to Rothfuss' Kickstarter page!

Less than 24 hours to go, so you better hurry up!

2 commentaires:

Brandon Ax said...

I have been following this since the first vid of Shane drawing with Pat. I love what they are doing.

shaneo52 said...

Wow, That's totally badass!